HOW DO I BECOME A HOUSE SITTER?
Let us help make the process of becoming a house sitter easy for you. Start by thinking about:
- Your reasons – is the house sitting lifestyle really for you?
- Where in the world you want, and are able, to house sit
- The costs associated with house sitting – travel, visas, day-to-day living
- How to gain credibility and get those all important references
- Assessing your skill-set to see which assignments you’re qualified to handle
- How to create a profile that will make you stand out among applications
For more information on house sitting, check out these helpful articles:
When you’re ready to sign-up to a house sitting platform, read our popular comparison of all the best international and country-based websites:
Plus you’ll find a special introductory offer from Trusted Housesitters giving you a 25% discount, 10% from House Carers and 35% from HouseSitMatch!
You’ll also find lots of help, advice and support by joining our house sitting network on Facebook. There are daily posts on all sorts of topics related to house sitting and travel. This is also a community that will support you on your journey.
Short Cut the Research – Take our Online Video Course
“How to Become a House Sitting Pro” is an online video course (lifetime access) where we cover all the techniques used by successful house sitters. We’ll show you tips and strategies to secure assignments of your choice time and time again. You’ll discover all the secrets to becoming a credible, well respected house sitter, even as a newcomer.
Plus you’ll learn all the practical skills like how to create a profile, apply for sits, ask all the right questions, how to handle the handover, get great references, and much much more. The course comes with downloadable resources, checklists and documents to help you be a professional house sitter, anywhere in the world!