Are you new to house sitting and a little overwhelmed about how to get started?
Let us help you get started with some simple suggestions and resources.
First you’ll need to think about:
- Your reason for house and pet sitting – is it really for you?
- Where in the world you want, and are able, to house sit
- The costs of getting to and from, and living day-to-day at your house sit
- How to get started out and obtain those all important references
- Assessing your skill-set to see which assignments you’re qualified to handle
- How to create a profile that will make you stand out among applications
Then dip in to House Sitting Magazine’s videos, articles, resources and courses to help you make some of these decisions.
Take just 30 minutes to watch this short video intro to the world of house and pet sitting – it will answer many of your questions. Or, go straight to the selected “starting out” articles a little further down this page:
When you’re ready to sign-up to a house sitting platform, read our popular comparison of all the best international and country-based websites:
Plus you’ll find a special introductory offer from Trusted Housesitters giving you a massive 25% discount, and 10% from House Carers !