How do I Become a House Sitter?
Becoming a house sitter isn’t difficult, but there are some things you need to consider to make sure the house sitting lifestyle really is a good fit for you. Here are a few things to think about first:
- Where in the world do you want to house sit?
- Are you eligible for a travel visa?
- Have you thought about the associated costs of house sitting – travel or flights, visas, day-to-day living etc.?
- Will you be comfortable living in another person’s space, with other people’s pets and routines?
- Have you considered how the daily responsibilities will impact on your travel expectations?
A good place to start is to download our FREE e-guide:
Then take a read of these popular house sitting articles. They will provide you with more insight into what is involved. House and pet sitting isn’t for everyone, so it’s best to find out before you rush off and book your flights or invest money in house sitting platforms you may never use:
- How to Get Started as a House Sitter & Is It Right For Me?
- House Sitting Expectations – What’s expected of me?
- House Sitting References – All Your Questions Answered
- Getting Started as an International House Sitter
- What if I have a family – Can I take my kids house sitting?
- Do I need a house sitting agreement?
- What if I’m a solo traveler?
- How can I get more sits more of the time?
When you’re ready to sign-up to a house sitting platform, take a look at our popular comparison of all the best international and country-based websites:
Plus you’ll find a special introductory offers representing great savings when signing up to some of the largest, most reputable house sitting platforms – Trusted Housesitters 25% discount, 15% off AussieHouseSitters, 10% off House Carers, 20% off HouseSitMexico and 35% off HouseSitMatch!
You’ll also find lots of help, advice and support by joining our Facebook House Sitting Magazine Group – with almost 7000 members, high daily engagement, and a friendly and supportive community, you’ll find regular posts and discussion on all sorts of topics related to house sitting, pets and travel. A perfect way to support your house sitting lifestyle.
Begin house sitting with our online house sitting course
“Become a Successful International House Sitter” is an online video course (lifetime access) where we cover all the techniques used to become successful, professional house sitters. You’ll get all the tips and strategies we use to secure assignments time and time again. You’ll discover all the secrets to becoming a credible, well respected house sitter, even as a newcomer. If you are less of a self-learner then this is the best option for you. Plus you’ll learn all the practical skills, like how to create a profile, apply for sits, ask all the right questions, handle the handover, secure great references, and much much more.
The course comes with downloadable resources, checklists and documents to help you be a professional house sitter, anywhere in the world! We’ve house sat around the world in some amazing locations in beautiful properties, and you can too. We can help you to get started in the easiest way possible.